These balls are unbelievably easy to make, delicious, and healthy. On the top of that, they only contain a handful of ingredients and no added sugar, are dairy-free, and gluten-free. You can also play with the consistency by choosing bigger and more crunchy nuts or almost powdery flour. I sometimes also use almond meal leftovers after making home-made nut milk.
- 250 g medjool dates
- 150 g almonds
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (or poppy seeds)
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- more cacao, coconut or nuts to coat the balls, optional
- First either pulse blend the almonds (for chunkier texture) or make almond meal (or use store-bought almond meal/flour).
- Add medjool dates, cacao, coconut flakes, and chia seeds and blend everything together.
- Form little balls (you will make 10-15) and coat them in coconut flakes, cacao or nuts if you want.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for several days. They can be also freezed for several weeks.