Ok, so this is such an incredibly simple recipe. I feel like it maybe does not even require a post but still, I would like to share the recipe for my favourite noodles with you (which are actually made with wholewheat spaghetti, as this is what I like the most). Of course, besides using Asian rice or other noodles (e.g. vermicelli), you can use any type of pasta resembling noodles, such as bucatini, linguine or my favourite spaghetti.
Another great thing is that you are free to use (literally) any vegetables as long as you chop it so it is similar in size. I love broccoli, carrot, peas, courgette, garlic, ginger, peanuts, etc. It is ready in under 10 minutes so it really is an amazingly quick meal for busy (or lazy) days. As stir-fries need to be cooked in a large pan or wok. I usually make just two portions, but have tried making more at once and managed to cook for four people. And, finally, do not make bigger batch to have for later as this is really that kind of meal that is best freshly made. By the way, this meal is super cheap so it can really be the dinner you make when you are broke or just want to save some money ;).
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200 g uncooked wholewheat spaghetti (or other kind of noodles)
- 130 g broccoli
- 130 g/1 large carrot
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic
- two handfuls of peas (fresh or frozen)
- handful of peanuts
- chilli flakes or fresh chilli pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or any other oil)
- sauce (mix everything together): 60 ml tamari (or traditional soya sauce), 3 tsp light or dark tahini (both work well), 2 tsp miso, 70 ml water (you can also omit this and splash some cooking water from spaghetti into the pan)
- First, wash and chop all the vegetables so that you can work quickly. Stir-fry is ready in a moment so you will not have enough time during cooking. Prepare the tamari sauce as well.
- Cook spaghetti. 3-4 minutes before they are cooked, heat the oil in a large pan, then add broccoli, carrot, peanuts, and peas. Fry at least for a minute when adding other ingredients: garlic, chilli, ginger. Stir once in a while.
- Total cooking time for the vegetables should not be more than 4 minutes, ideally 2-3, but rather make sure it is not completely raw.
- Turn off the heat and add the sauce, stir everything before adding spaghetti. Stir again so that all the vegetables and spaghetti is covered in sauce. Serve immediately.