Simply amazing little energy bites. These pineapple and coconut balls will make you happy instantly. They are naturally sweetened by the main ingredients – coconut and pineapple with the help of dates. Always use rather medjool dates in recipes like this, where the consistency is important. Medjool dates are juicier and softer so they really nicely blend with other ingredients and act as not only a delicious sweetener but also a glue for everything to hold together. Perfect snack for the kids or unannounced visitors.
And if you crave chocolate, there is another recipe for almond and cacao balls on the blog. Also naturally sweetened and delicious!
(makes 10-15 small balls)
- 150 g soft dried pineapple
- 60 g desiccated coconut
- 50 g medjool dates
- 50 g cashew nuts
- pinch of salt
- more coconut for coating (optional)
- First blend coconut, cashews. and a pinch of salt in a food processor.
- Add dates as well as pineapple and blend until everything is combined and sticky so that it is possible to form the balls.
- Create little balls with your hands. You will make 10-15. Coat them in coconut if you want to.
- Store in an airtight container/jar. You can keep them in the fridge for up to a week.